We are incredibly proud to have been awarded 'Excellent' in our November 2019 SIAMS inspection report (available to download below).
The report stated that:
- An inclusive and distinctive Christian vision underpins provision across all aspects of school life and is deeply embedded in the lives of the school community.
- Strong leadership at all levels ensures that the pupils are welcomed and nurtured throughout their school journey at Christ Church.
- Pupil behaviour and engagement in lessons is excellent for the majority of pupils because they are reflective and want to live out the school’s values.
- Collective worship is an effective outworking of the school’s Christian vision and values, that serves to express and deepen the spirituality of the school. Although pupils fully participate and lead in the daily act of worship, pupils’ leadership of other worship and reflection opportunities is limited.
- Excellent teaching in religious education (RE) enables pupils to be critical and reflective learners with sound subject knowledge. However, current assessment systems do not always identify all pupils who demonstrate working at greater depth.
"Pupils are welcomed and nurtured, from the moment the school gates open in the morning."
SIAMS report, November 2019