Salisbury Cathedral - 13/09/19
As part of our CCSS this week, we have been learning all about Salisbury cathedral. Here are some of the cool facts that we learnt:
- The cathedral took 38 years to build - it was completed in 1258.
- The cathedral has the largest cloister and cathedral close in Britain.
- Salisbury has the tallest church spire in the United Kingdom - 123m/404ft tall
- It contains the oldest working clock - AD 1386
- It has the best surviving of the four original copies of the Magna Carta signed in 121