We want all the children to be able to enjoy the sun safely and to be able to take responsbility for their own sun safety.
We have introduced the following:
- Children may not bring sunscreen into school. Once-a-day sun cream can be purchased from Boots and other retailers.
This can be applied prior to arriving at school.
- Children may wear sunglasses which must be labelled with the child's name. Similarly we would encourage the wearing of sun hats (labelled with the child's name).
- We will not let children stay out in the hot sun for prolonged periods of time (e.g. lunchtime)
- We will try to timetable Sports Days for cooler times of the day.
- The school will endeavour to increase the amount of shade provided